Civil engineers conceive, design, build, supervise, operate, construct and maintain infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage treatment. Many civil engineers work in planning, design, construction, research, and education.
Duties that we do!
1. Analyze long range plans, survey reports, maps, and other data to plan and design projects.
2. Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors during the planning and risk-analysis stages of a project.
3. Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies, verifying that projects comply with various regulations.
4. Oversee and analyze the results of soil testing to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations.
5. Analyze the results of tests on building materials, such as concrete, wood, asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects.
6. Prepare cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility.
7. Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards.
8. Perform or oversee surveying operations to establish building locations, site layouts, reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
9. Manage the repair, maintenance, and replacement of public and private infrastructure.
TBPLS Firm #10124500
Site build by: Colin, and Christina Papineau. In collaboration with Chaparrel professional land surveying Hays Land Surveying is solely a lead generation site, and does not physically perform requested work.